The Ecodesign Preparatory Study on Smart Appliances (Lot 33) analyses the technical, economic, market and societal aspects that are relevant for a broad market introduction of smart appliances.
he study started in September 2014 and deals with Task 1 to 7 of the MEErP methodology:
- Scope, standards and legislation (Task 1, Chapter 1);
- Market analysis (Task 2, Chapter 2);
- User analysis (Task 3, Chapter 3);
- Technical analysis (Task 4, Chapter 4);
- Definition of Base Cases (Task 5, Chapter 5);
- Design options (Task 6, Chapter 6);
- Policy and Scenario analysis (Task 7). The work on Task 7 is still in progress and therefore is not yet integrated in the report available on this website. The refinement of policy options and the overall Task 7 analysis are the subject of an ongoing second phase of this Preparatory Study.
Reports issued for this study are available in the Documents section of this website.
Please register to receive updates on stakeholder meetings and publication of documents.
If you don't see changes since your last visit then refresh the browser cache by pressing:
Windows: ‘F5’ or ‘ctrl + F5’
Mac/Apple: ‘Apple + R’ or ‘command + R’
Important legal notice: the information on this website is subject to a disclaimer and copyright notice | Contact webmaster